Given below is the overview of the procedure to be followed while making e-payment of direct taxes:
- The e-payment gateway can be approached from www.tin-nsdl.com
- Open the respective chalan.
- After selecting the correct challan, the screen for providing details will be displayed, the taxpayer should provide the correct details in the challan (as discussed earlier).
- After providing all the requisite details correctly along with the correct Codes, the taxpayer should select his bank from the dropdown provided in the screen (i.e. the selection of the bank from which he wishes to make the payment).
- After selecting the applicable bank, the taxpayer should input the verification Code appearing on the screen.
- After providing the verification Code the taxpayer should click on the proceed button provided on the screen.
- On clicking on the proceed button, a new page will be displayed containing the details provided by the taxpayer in the Challan and the name of the taxpayer as per the data base of Income-tax Department will be displayed. The name will be displayed from the PAN/TAN database with the Department. In case of Form 26QB the name of the transferor and transferee will be displayed.
- If the name and other details as displayed on the screen are correct then the taxpayer can proceed for making payment by clicking on the submit to bank button provided on the screen.
- On submitting the challan to the bank, the gateway of the bank will be displayed on the screen and the taxpayer has to login to his account and input the details of tax, interest, cess, penalty, etc., to be paid.
- After providing the details he should verify the details once again to check the correctness and then should submit the challan to bank for effecting payment.
- On successful completion of the transaction, the challan of payment (i.e., receipt of payment) will be generated and will be displayed on the screen.
- Challan will contain Challan Identification Number (CIN) and other details. The taxpayer should preserve the hard copy as well as soft copy of the Challan for his records and for further requirements.
Contact details in case of any assistance:-
While making e-payment, if the taxpayer faces any problem at the NSDL website, he should contact the TIN call center.
While making e-payment, if the taxpayer faces any problem at the payment gateway of his bank, he should contact his bank.
For more details on procedure of e-payment, visit www.tin-nsdl.com